Sr Leader Solution Architecture
- New York, NY
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to lead, coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solution Architects. This role is based in the US East or West Coast, supporting our lighthouse Media & Entertainment and Publishing customers (World's largest Content Studios/Film houses, Post Production Studios, Broadcasters as well as MVPDs, and publishing houses), leading a team of technical solution architects and other team leaders.
You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects team within the Publishing segment of our lighthouse customers World Wide, by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity pertaining to core media workflows in content creation as well as distribution. In collaboration with sales, you will enable business outcomes across a critical set of large customers and their consumer and content monetization strategies.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive as well as media industry interaction skills.
A strong Publishing industry skillset/acumen is a must. We strive to provide perspective guidance to our customers related to their core business workloads including all segments of M&E/Publishing industry from Content Production/Creation, Curation/Supply Chain to Distribution. A past experience related to publishing business directly will be very helpful for the success of this role.
You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management being able to guide AWS service teams with appropriate roadmap feature set and marketing teams with appropriate solution messaging related to Publishing workloads.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% as needed post COVID.
• At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise and mid-market customers.
• Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions, business-IT transformations, or relevant consulting experience. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions Architects.
• You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree
• 10+ years' experience in design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications particularly leading teams
• 5+ years' experience in sales, technical pre-sales, product development, or customer facing resources leading teams
• 5+ years' direct experience in publishing industry workloads
• 5+ experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, application development, and networking
• Prior experience with Publishing industry. Content Creation, Curation, Supply Chain and Distribution
• Extensive pre-sales management experience
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives and/or Developers
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top