Amazon Finance & Global Business Services (FGBS) plays a key role in the company's mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. FGBS includes finance functions like Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, Tax, as well as other functions like Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF), Investor Relations, and Benchmarking.
The FGBS Team is looking for a Senior Accounts Receivable Manager to join the Global Accounts Receivables (GAR) operation. GAR is the operational finance department who manages the order to cash process, through different marketplaces and businesses.
As a GAR Senior Manager, you will be leading and developing a team of Finance Managers, specialized in Accounts Receivable (AR), and will indirectly lead up to 75+ AR Analysts. The GAR Senior Manager will be responsible for the AR channels, owning hiring, training, talent development, managing and prioritizing workload, and achieving effective results in a fast-paced growing environment. In accordance with our mission, this leader will ensure existing GAR policies and procedures are followed; ensuring the highest level of controllership. This leader will be able to craft and communicate inspiring vision for the team, and will support Amazon's mission of being the most customer centric company.
This role will require strong engagement and close alignment with global and regional operations, Finance business partnering, Fintech / FinAuto, PMO, Controllership and other Finance teams, and also building relationships with local business, sales, and accounting teams. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding work environment is critical to success in this role. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with management and strategic influencing skills, and experienced in large scale change management across functions and geographies. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of delivering results through outstanding business management skills, operational excellence, problem solving skills, financial process and system knowledge. This individual will be a strong finance operations leader, adept at driving change, passionate about driving better customer experience, within a very dynamic business environment and has a proven record of delivering process and efficiency results. Experience managing annual performance targets and operating budget; monitoring and delivering on the key performance metrics is required.
• Master's in Business Administration, Finance, Operations Management or related fields.
• 15+ years of experience working on a Finance Services Shared Services environment, with at least 10+years of experience leading Accounts Receivable Teams, for multinational companies.
• Demonstrates strong communication (verbal and written) skills and is able to positively influence behaviors and outcomes.
• Experience with Oracle Financials and Business Intelligence, SAP and other ERPs.
• Proven attention to detail and a work ethic based upon a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Examples that exhibit strong analytical skills and ability to evaluate business processes.
• Proven experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques desired
Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions, and follow through to a successful conclusion.
• CA, CPA, CWA or MBA Finance, with over 15 years of relevant Finance and/or Operations experience.
• Black Belt Certified.
• English, Spanish, and Portuguese is a plus.
• Statistical Analysis Experience, with Big Data.