The Global IT Deployment organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects. It is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. These projects include the management of site launches across the globe that directly impact the ability to ship packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As an IT Portfolio Manager, you will lead a team of Program Managers with various projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different businesses. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the effort's scope, budget, and timeline. Programs will be in disparate geographic locations and require strong communication skills to coordinate on-site and remote work with teams across your portfolio. You will focus on developing a team delivering the design, procurement, deployment, and life-cycle of IT infrastructure and equipment.
• Hire, train, and develop a team of IT Program Managers.
• Measure, monitor, and maintain the team's ability to meet or exceed KPI's.
• Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution; coordinating remote work closely with field teams.
• Act as an escalation point for the portfolio and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans, and a path to green throughout the project.
• Own updates and knowledge documentation regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate hardware standards are met and the correct equipment procured.
• Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify risks/issues, and devising contingency plans.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths while maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestones, tasks, and project health data for your portfolio in the PPM tool.
• Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality, inspect prospective and completed facilities following established standards and procedures, and ensure proper follow-up.
• Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
• Identify opportunities to streamline deployments, share best practices with your peers and leaders, and regularly implement continuous improvement action
• This role will require domestic travel frequently (35-45%)
• MBA from an accredited university or 5+ years of professional experience
• PMP certification
• 5+ years of experience managing large global IT projects from initiation to closure.
• 5+ years of experience developing a team of technical professionals across multiple locations.
• Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts.
• Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
• 2+ years of PPM or Microsoft Project experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment
• Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
• Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments
• PgMP Certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.