Sr. IoT Architect
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, mobile applications, and the Internet-of-Things (IoT)? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together IoT/Mobile devices and data? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a IoT architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based IoT solutions.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solution architects, and our IoT service team to drive mobile-related adoption and revenue. This will include showcasing service such as AWS IoT, Cognito, API Gateway, and Lambda.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by engaging with companies and app developers building IoT and Mobile solutions? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as the preferred platform for IoT and Mobile solutions?
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large public sector organizations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers using AWS IoT and Mobile Services
- Help develop an overall IoT and Mobile ecosystem engagement strategy
- In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of AWS
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Experience developing IoT and Mobile solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- 10+ years of experience in application architecture, database architecture, and networking
- AppDev experience required. Familiarity with a low-level programming language such as C or C++, and coding/scripting ability in a higher-level language
- Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions
- Understanding of emerging IoT and Mobile technologies and communications protocols
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
- Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle.
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M industry (i.e. home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
- Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development
- Experience programming applications backed by cloud services
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top