Sr. Investigations Specialist
AWS Fraud Prevention is seeking dedicated, hardworking, analytical candidates with a proven track record of performance and results-oriented thinking to join the Payments Risk Team. Candidates will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to the investigation and elimination of online e-commerce fraud. Ideal applicants will have experience in the eCommerce space and at least three year of previous fraud investigations experience. All candidates will be analytical and capable of succeeding in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision.
The AWS Fraud Prevention Risk Investigator position relies on analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns and work closely with internal teams and stakeholders to recommend solutions in an ambiguous environment. The position relies on excellent judgement to plan and execute goals and will work under very limited supervision of the Manager. Nearly all decisions are expected to be made independently with little to no guidance and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to perform deep dives and write up for complex and sensitive escalations to Legal and Compliance teams.
- Work with internal teams to come up with action plans to address corrective and preventative measures to mitigate risk.
- Work with stakeholders to drive process improvements that will impact internal and external customers
- Analyze fraud trends and escalate appropriately to stakeholders
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to gather data and conduct ad-hoc investigations
- Contribute and/or lead special projects which reduce fraud related losses, while maintaining focus on a positive customer experience
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained during the investigations process
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make complex investigation decisions with little to no guidance
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience and financial losses
- Excellent team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a global team environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel (Moderate to Advanced)
- Experience with Data Mining
- Proven ability to make decisions in a timely manner with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards
- Ability to operate at both a granular and macro level
- Deep understanding of TRMS tools and processes
- A genuine interest and passion for subject area and ability to become a recognized SME within TRMS and the wider Amazon business.
- Project Management experience
- Experience in eCommerce Fraud Operations
- Experience with SQL
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, discretion, composure, and professional attitude
- Fast learner who seeks out and generously shares best practices
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top