Sr Instructional Designer
Join the team that just launched the first-ever Amazon Books retail store. We've applied Amazon's 20 years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of offline and online book shopping. We opened our first store in Seattle, in November 2015, followed by La Jolla and Portland in 2016, and Boston, Chicago, New York, and more to come in 2017. Yet, it is very much still Day One.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world's most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As Sr Instructional Designer, you will identify needs and create effective, scalable, and engaging learning solutions that allow our stores team to deliver an excellent customer experience and run an efficient operation. You will be a founding member of a team that will develop, manage, and deliver training for associates, leads, and managers, to ensure that they are trained to perform their job efficiently, effectively, and safely. You will play a central role in implementing our associate-centric leadership philosophy and support our leadership teams as they facilitate rapid innovation. You will engage needed resources by building collaborative relationships, coordinate with stakeholders to identify learning requirements and then drive to innovative learning solutions. You will interact at all levels across the business, which requires strong communication skills plus the ability to influence and convey complex issues using easy to understand solutions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related discipline.
- 3+ years' work experience in the areas of instructional design.
- Strong instructional design and project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with key technologies such as Storyline, Captivate, InDesign, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, InVision, or equivalent.
- Training experience within a retail, customer service or similar industry environment.
- Experience in carrying out end-to-end training programs.
- Experience influencing without organization authority.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities, with the ability to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results.
- MBA or Master's degree from an accredited university in a related discipline.
- Background in learning theory/course facilitation.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills
Ability to work across all levels of leadership
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top