Amazon is looking for an experienced Senior Instock Manager with proven experience in inventory or business analysis, finance or supply-chain disciplines. This position is responsible for developing and executing cross-category level sales and inventory strategies to optimize availability and inventory turns. In this role, you will have ownership of leading initiatives that drives improvement of our procurement operation. You will also build strong partnerships with business teams, system teams, and supply chain operations teams to drive toward common goals. The ideal candidate is who possess the ability to operate from a company-wide perspective and encourage cross-functional and cross-business project development in order for scalable process improvement, automation and analytics.
• Plan and execute inventory strategies to optimize sales, in-stock rates, turns and inventory health for owned category
• Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as in-stock rate, demand forecast accuracy, procurement lead time, fill rate, and inventory turns
• Participate in system team's reviews; call out area for operational improvement and develop solution proposal
• Forecast and manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, purchasing, and removing unproductive inventory
• Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneous
• Work with internal teams collaboratively, to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and procurement workflows, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually
【Various Working System for Work Life Harmony】：
We believe that it is important to spend private time such as spending time with your family or doing anything you like to spur innovation. Amazon promotes a fulfilling and flexible work style according to the work volume and lifestyle of each employee. (Example: Flex Time, Work From Home, Maternity /Parenting /Family Care Leave etc.)
If you want to know more about Amazon's work and Life & Leisure Division, please watch these videos as well.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request for support, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/jp//.
Strong written and oral communication skills both in Japanese and English • 5+ years supply chain, inventory management and/or project management experience • Superior analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify scalable solutions • Experience working with complex data sets and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma • Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership • Strong proficiency in analytical tools and techniques including Microsoft Excel or statistical software
• Strong proficiency in analytical tools and techniques including Microsoft Excel or statistical software • Software development experience or equivalent tech background • Experience with SQL is a strong plus • MBA is considered plus