Sr. Instock Manager
The Sports category is one of Amazon.com's fastest growing businesses and is focused on delivering a world-class customer experience. We are looking for a talented, driven and highly analytical Senior Instock/Supply Chain Manager to own a high-growth and challenging group of product categories.
The Senior Instock Manager will demonstrate ownership with inventory strategies to maximize sales, margin and turns and play a critical role helping Amazon to build, manage and optimize a complex procurement system that continues to evolve and expand. This candidate will be involved with all aspects of inventory planning and reporting and will be a thought leader influencing selection, promotion, pricing and other decisions. The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must have proven successes in cost out operational initiatives and demonstrate passion for the customer experience. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
Key areas of focus include driving improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and improving purchasing automation. The Senior Instock Manager will also be responsible for improvements to inventory management processes over time, including identifying defects, reducing waste and improving supply chain effectiveness. This particular role will focus on forecasting and managing highly seasonal selection, inbound/outbound processes, imports, inventory placement and vendor lead time. Other processes include PO management, vendor contract terms, invoice data quality, planning new product launches and planning for future demand events through seasonal forecasting and coordinated merchandising events in order to maintain adequate inventory stock levels.
Strong candidates will have hands-on operations or inventory management experience and knowledge in fundamental business principles. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to succeed in managing a large catalog selection efficiently, identifying problems/finding solutions, and building/improving processes. The ideal candidate is able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in an ambiguous environment while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong alignment to Amazon's Leadership Principles
- Excellent business judgment and strong written/oral communication skills
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Operates as a team player, likes to have fun at work, and has a positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, Access, and SQL
- 7 years of relevant experience
- MBA preferred
- Experience working with large and complex data sets to drive business decisions
- Proven ability to manage large and complicated cross functional projects
- Experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – to prioritize and plan under tight deadlines
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter and self-directed
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top