Sr. Innovation & Design Engineering
- United States
Senior Innovation and Design Engineer - Transportation Operations
Amazon is searching for a Senior Innovation and Design Engineer to design and develop next-generation, large-scale sortation systems. This position is at the forefront of building Amazon's transportation infrastructure and is responsible for the system design supporting hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) and robotics.
Amazon offers an environment that is both fast paced and open to taking risks. This position will be designing systems/equipment at a scale that only Amazon will offer. The successful candidate will routinely lead complex system design for new facilities that would be career-making assignments in other companies, and will do so at an unprecedented pace.
As a Senior Innovation and Design Engineer for Transportation Operations, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design and development of physical distribution systems around the globe. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon's culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
Come help us make history.
• Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions to complex material flow/transformation and human/machine efficiency problems throughout the global Amazon supply chain.
• Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short period.
• Manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Provide technical leadership for large-scale engineering projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any discipline) or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering.
• Experience designing complex systems for automation in logistics or manufacturing, or experience with product development in automotive, aerospace, automation equipment, or similar.
• Experience must involve management of engineering design projects.
• Experience designing solutions for large, high-volume sortation operations
• Experience using business/technical software such as MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
• Ability to travel 50% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders.
• Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
• Experience with designing complex automated material handling equipment and high-speed automated manufacturing.
• Experience designing material handling equipment or automated manufacturing especially that interfaces with trailers/aircraft.
• Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
• Experience with Small Package express carriers in a process design or operational capacity.
• Automated controls experience.
• Capital project management skills.
• Modeling/Simulation experience for large scale, high-volume distribution centers.
• Strong analytical skills to explore data and develop engineering solutions.
• Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision-making.
• Design-in-Safety experience.
For employees based in Colorado, this position ranges from $109,500.00 - 160,000.00/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top