Sr. Innovation & Design Engineer
- Sydney, Australia
Are you an innovative leader that wants to design the next generation of world-class fulfillment centers and logistics systems across the globe? Do you want a high level of ownership in solving complex problems? Does the challenge of designing systems that leverage ground breaking automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies and robotics appeal to you? If so, we have the job for you!
We're looking to add a handful of high-impact engineers to our team in our Nashville. In this role, you will collaborate with internal and external teams to design high quality, cost effective solutions for our fulfillment and distribution systems. You will own multiple projects simultaneously, from concept realization through design approval. You will be our suppliers' primary point of technical contact for your projects. Then, once the design is completed and approved, you will hand-off the project to our Ops Engineering team who will oversee the installation and commissioning of the project. You'll support that team to ensure that the system you've designed is successfully installed, commissioned and launched.
Your projects will include green-fields, brown-fields, and retrofits. You will work on highly automated fulfillment centers, cross-dock facilities, transportation centers and delivery stations throughout North America and Europe. Your projects will be a variety of template-based and designed-from-scratch.
You will work with a team of highly skilled and highly engaged engineers in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Our team works on hundreds of projects each year. You will be challenged; you will learn; you will work on high impact, high visibility projects; you will grow.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent or a related field, or 2+ years Amazon experience.
• 5+ years of experience in Design/Innovation Engineering, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, or related.
• Experience must involve ownership/management of engineering design projects.
• Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
• Ability to travel 20% globally.
• Master's degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
• Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, robotics and/or high-speed manufacturing.
• Experience with process design and based on Lean Principles.
• Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
• Design-in-Safety experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top