Sr. Innovation and Design Engineer
- Nashville, TN
Are you an innovative leader that wants to design the next generation of world-class fulfillment centers and logistics systems across the globe? Do you want a high level of ownership in solving complex problems? Does the challenge of designing and implementing ground breaking solutions for automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high speed manufacturing appeal to you? If you're looking to be challenged in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment, you have strong technical problem solving ability, and excellent project management skills then this job is for you!
In this role you will:
• Own the design of physical fulfillment and logistics systems around the globe, to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through site layout, equipment specification, material flow, process design, and intellectual property considerations.
• Innovate with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and mechatronics across 100+ new fulfillment and logistics centers that are being built each year.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
• Simultaneously manage multiple high visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Provide technical leadership for large-scale engineering projects
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent, OR a related field OR 2+ years Amazon experience.
• 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, or related.
• Experience must involve management of engineering design projects.
• Ability to travel 25% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders.
• Master's degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
• Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
• Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
• Capital project management skills.
• Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
• Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
• Design-in-Safety experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top