Sr. Infrastructure Security Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon operates one of the world's largest and innovative fulfillment and transportation infrastructures. Our environment is global and complex with a variety of networks, software, hardware and systems, including industrial machines and protocols. We are constantly innovating upon the ways in which we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying machine learning, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
The Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer will ensure that the fulfillment and transportation infrastructure is securely designed and implemented with high standards to maintain customer trust. If you enjoy analyzing networks, system and services from a security perspective, and you are skilled at solving security challenges, this position will provide you with a challenging and rewarding opportunity. You will participate in the design, build, deployment and operation of security-focused infrastructure and provide consultation, architectural review, risk assessment of Amazon's systems and networks that support our vast Fulfillment Network spanning the globe.
Responsibilities for this role include:
• This role will be responsible for crafting and building security infrastructure to support a variety of high-demand systems robotics and automation systems
• Use your solid understanding of authentication protocols, core network and system security principles along with your up-to-date understanding of modern attack patterns and methods to drive security into tools used by Amazonian's every day
• Data-driven decisions are important to Amazon. You will draw heavily on your experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from a variety of sources to create compelling written and verbal communications. Evangelize security within Amazon and be an advocate for customer trust and customer promise
• Advise and consult with internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling, and vulnerability remediation
• Evangelize security within Amazon Fulfillment Technology and be an advocate for customer trust and customer promise
• Support Incident Response Team with tooling and data
• Perform design reviews and risk assessments
• Evaluate or create new technologies and services in order to solve complex security issues
If you are excited about the challenges and opportunities described above and you have the knowledge, skills and abilities to tackle these hard problems, we'd like to talk further with you about our company, team, and how you are uniquely qualified to join us!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of experience in system and/or network security engineering
• 3+ Years of experience in Splunk, ELK, or similar data analytics platforms
• 3+ Years of experience writing in python as a core or ancillary duty.
• Proven ability in designing and delivering enterprise-level security solutions, both commercial and internally-developed
• Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/S)
• Ability to identify security risks and issues to architecture and develop effective mitigation plans for infrastructure
• Knowledge of authentication protocols (TACACS, RADIUS, 802.1x, etc)
• Experience managing GNU/Linux based systems
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
• Experience designing solutions in AWS or other cloud solutions.
• Experience with Industrial Controls Systems/SCADA/MES/DCS security and Industrial Protocols (Profinet, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, etc.)
• Scripting and or coding skills in multiple common languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting, PowerShell)
• Proven history of mentoring team members
• Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills
• Results-oriented, high energy, self-motivated
• Devops or other pipeline driven cloud deployment experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top