Sr. Industry Specialist, AWS Security
- Herndon, VA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security team is responsible for the security of services offered by AWS. We are looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented security specialists. Our team is responsible for driving innovative enhancements that raise the bar for how AWS employees interact with resources, systems, and data. At AWS' scale, we invent new security tools to enable system administrators and developers to build rapidly, while maintaining least privileged access.
This role is for a security specialist who will work with contracts, legal, security assurance, and security engineers to develop expertise in our compliance obligations, security controls, and human access management program. The successful candidate will work across our engineering teams to identify ways to continually enhance the program by introducing preventative controls, process improvements, and automation. The security specialist is also responsible for organizational education around control design, control operating effectiveness, and writing evidence and process narratives.
You will love this job if you are passionate about the security of the cloud and you want to solve real business problems. We are looking for leaders who like to solve problems, and remove obstacles. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS' security posture. You will define security controls, drive process improvements and work with service owners to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges. You can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to help teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust with engineers and Sr. leaders.
As an Industry Specialist in AWS Security you will be responsible for a set of long term security outcomes. Your day to day job responsibilities will include:
• Working across Security Assurance, Legal, and Contracts to advise on customer commitments, understand regulatory requirements, and respond to questions about security controls
• Working with service teams to define improvements in our security controls that will improve efficiency
• Work with service teams to drive adherence to, and implementation of, security controls
• Driving large programs to roll out new security controls.
• Communicating status to service teams, control owners, and Sr. leadership on the status of your programs.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 8+ years of experience in security roles as an analyst, auditor, engineer, and/or program manager
• 5+ years of experience with implementation of security controls and driving rollout of controls.
• 10+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, mathematics, or other related fields
• Experience writing/editing contractual documentation and/or customer agreements
• Experience responding to legal and regulatory inquiries and leading
• Familiarity with cloud security and compliance controls and frameworks
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
• Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
• Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top