Sr. Industry Product Management Lead
- Boston, MA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
The AWS Worldwide Commercial Sales Readiness team is looking for an Industry Enablement Product Manager with experience building industry solutions integrating both AWS IP and Partner IP to deliver against customer business challenges. The role will also build and develop industry specific learning paths and enablement to help AWS sales delight customers with the new industry specific solutions. This means understanding what the field gaps are in industry knowledge and line of business proficiency, developing learning that is in a certification path, landing that learning as well as executing against our Training and Field Enablement strategic priorities. Our priorities are building customer obsessed enablement for sales, delivering data driven and outcomes based enablement and driving enablement through a mechanism that is repeatable and scalable.
This role will be responsible for building industry solutions and supporting enablement with cross functional stakeholders and subject matter experts around the world, taking feedback, offering best practices and iterating on a continuous basis. This role will also focus on target industry drivers and the unique needs of line of business customers to improve productivity of our WW sales community. This role will work with content from the initial onboarding through a field journey that continues for 2 years. The industry proficiency learning path will be part of a broader certification program and will form core curriculum necessary to be effective in having the right customer conversations aligned with priorities of the AWS Growth strategy.
This role will be at the front driving success in an environment of fast paced change. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of Product Management in a global setting.
The ideal candidate would have strong communication skills, ability to work cross functionally, translate business needs into impactful business outcomes and has prior experience with Product Marketing or Curriculum Design.
This position will work with stakeholders supporting the extended AWS sales organization, such as Specialized Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Solution Architects and the Partner team. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves" and get things done.
LOCATION: Preference for this position to be in Arlington, VA USA but open to these additional locations: Seattle, WA USA - Dallas, TX USA - Boston, MA USA. Relocation assistance available from within the United States.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with Field Leadership and Embedded Enablement Teams to develop a scalable technical proficiency learning path
• Partner with Product Marketing and Partner teams to build repeatable industry specific solutions
• Use customer outcomes to guide the learning content and call to action
• Ensure content has immediate application for an AWS sales professional
• Work across Sales Readiness to identify in content and align on best method to address
• Identify key insights from competency assessments and advance thinking on the deliverables
• Work with subject matter experts to raise the bar on content
• Bring sense of humor to work, crafting sustainable deep relationships with stakeholders, partners and leadership
• Up to 25% travel
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5 plus years working in a technology company
• 5 plus years solving complex business problems with data
• 3 plus years leading people
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with Cloud Technology
• Ability to leverage data to solve problems
• Experience as a B2B Sales Professional or Enablement Leader
• Passion for Sales Enablement and cloud technology driving business impact
• Knowledge of spaced learning and ability to drive to outcomes in a brief concise way
• Experience building solutions that meet the needs of specific industries, from product truth to sales enablement
• Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail required.
• A fast-thinking, high-energy individual with a sense of humor and ability to work with a wide range of personalities will thrive in this role
• 3 plus years building content relevant to targeted industries such as manufacturing, retail, financial services or public sector
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top