Sr. Industry Advisor - FSI, Argentina or Colombia
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to help us increase awareness and adoption of cloud in the Argentinean or Colombian FSI market? Do you have the business savvy, industry experience and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a key technology platform provider? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep? Are you excited about introducing lean transformation models to traditional enterprise organizations?
At AWS, we're looking for an experienced Industry Advisor who can engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios and develop blueprints for enterprise operating models, ultimately driving adoption of the AWS platform in the FSI market.
An Industry Advisor works with Sales and Solutions Architecture closely. Industry Advisors would work out industry transformation blueprint, first-of-a-kind industry solutions, key accounts architectural initiatives and would lead cross team AWS resources for execution. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will also work closely with partner teams to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the vertical.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience engaging senior-level executives in previous roles, and a credible understanding of the overall FSI landscape. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, regulation and compliance, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive tactical execution of sales and business development goals.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are inventing the future of cloud computing with a team of builders who try new things and dream big dreams. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. Ten years ago, we couldn't have imagined how far we would come. Now we're inventing for the next ten years and beyond. But it is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
The ideal candidate will have significant leadership experience working with Financial Services industry customers in LATAM - South Cone. He/she will possess a business process background that enables them to drive business engagement and credibly work with business and technical leaders about the advantages of cloud infrastructure for complex industry use cases such as portfolio risk analysis, collections & recovery, customer acquisition and next best offers. They should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus, considering local regulations and compliance. A keen sense of ownership and drive is a must. Being scrappy is highly valued.
• The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess at least 10 years of business development or executive leadership experience in Financial Services / Insurance.
• Deep expertise in Financial Services / Insurance business processes, regulation and compliance and technology is required
• CxO relationships and large network in the vertical.
• Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Experienced and confident working with senior stakeholders and executive teams
• Track record of building rapport with senior partner and customer executives (e.g. CEO, COO, CIO, CTO, CMO), building close relationships, and closing large revenue accounts
• Ability to travel as needed
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish, in technical and business settings (verbal and written).
• Business processes and technical knowledge of infrastructure and architectural patterns for common industry workloads such as credit concession, cash management, risk analysis, collection and customer lifecycle management.
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented.
• Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, developers, and senior business leaders.
• High ownership, urgency, and drive.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires great people. Develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Results oriented
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Back to top