Sr. Industrial Designer-Global Specialty Fulfillment
- Lawrence, KS
Amazon Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) is seeking an experienced Sr. Industrial Designer to join the Design Engineering team. Our team is supporting the rapid expansion of Prime Now, Fresh, Pantry and Locker+ worldwide. This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining optimal drawings of material handling equipment, work areas, and storage equipment as well as design support for future initiatives. Drawings will require a high level of detail in both plan views as well as corresponding elevation views. A successful candidate will be able to collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time, and simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, architecture or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/ Industrial Engineering, or related.
• Experience must involve technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects.
• Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, Word, CAD 2D/3D Software.
• Prior experience in grocery distribution environment.
• Prior experience with designing refrigeration equipment.
• Knowledge of Revit is a plus.
• Ability to present design concepts to a broad group of stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top