Sr. Incentive Compensation Analyst
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sales Incentive Compensation team is seeking a Senior Incentive Compensation Analyst to join our Operations team. As part of the Sales Incentive Compensation Operations team, you will be responsible for driving strategic goals aimed at identifying operational inefficiencies and deploying solutions. Objectives for this role will include driving operational process improvements in compensation quota management, compensation adjustments, quarterly payouts, compensation plan administration, and improving the scalability of our program tools. In addition to daily operations, this position will contribute to the strategy, design, policies, and guidelines of our sales compensation program.
This role requires working with global business owners in HR, Legal, Sales, Finance, Sales Operations, Revenue, Segmentation & Planning, and our Technical team to ensure the proper plan design, calculation, delivery and execution of sales commissions. Cross-team coordination, project management, and excellent communication skills are essential.
The ideal candidate has superior analytical abilities and a proven track record for rolling up their sleeves, maintaining a high level of ownership and accountability and delivering best-in-class support to their internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the global quarterly commission payout process including manual compensation adjustments, calculations and approval process.
• Support the management of Sales Incentive Compensation plans, policies and processes each fiscal year (or as needed) that support business objectives.
• Consolidate and produce compensation metrics that assist in understanding the effectiveness of the plans and policies.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders including, HR, Sales Operation, and Legal to ensure all compensation methodologies, policies, and procedures are maintained in production.
• Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• At least 3+ years recent experience in sales operations, or sales compensation (sales compensation experience highly preferred)
• Advanced skills in Excel
• Excellent written skills
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
• Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented, requiring limited supervision
• Incentive compensation management system experience (Varicent preferred)
• Highly detailed driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
• Solid consultation skills and the ability to seek out information and provide quality advice.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills for internal presentations that demonstrate business acumen.
• Experience in a hi-tech sales organization is a plus.
• A Bachelor's degree in Business Management/Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top