Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, resourceful, and driven HR professionals. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as a Sr. HR Business Partner.
The Sr. HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our logistics team. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- This role will represent HR supporting multi-site in the area and require minimum 50% travel to support up to 13 delivery stations serving the metro area.
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within a LEAN structure.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Coaching and mentoring at management level
- Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- For us, key strengths are recognized as - flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time, with increased travel during peak business times
- Reliable transportation to stations within 50 miles from home station where applicable
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access (please bring samples of work to interview)
- Previous experience with Payroll Systems, HRIS
- 3+ years' exposure to the human resources functions
- Flexibility to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- Master's Degree or MBA
- Resume that shows steady progression in HR Management for the last 2+ years
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for employee issues.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- Experience with Peoplesoft
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top