Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
- Seattle, WA
Data storage is a foundational element of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) business-and critical for our customers to operate their businesses. We are searching for an HR business partner to support the largest, most reliable, and most secure cloud storage businesses in the world. You would be expected to drive excellent organizational development strategies, develop and coach seasoned technical leaders, and provide sound business guidance that engages and develops our talent.
We are seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner who has experience working with tech and product teams, who will own and drive the people agenda and partner with AWS Elastic Block Storage.
You will be responsible for the development and execution of HR strategies and initiatives for a critical storage business. In this role, you will partner with senior business leaders to help them scale, look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve team effectiveness, build leader capabilities, and innovate improvements to the employee experience. This role will also work closely with other HR central teams to drive key initiatives and projects in areas such as organization health, inclusion and diversity, and talent management. You will partner with your clients throughout the planning and execution for these programs, tying them back to the business strategy. You will also work to improve organizational design and structure, provide change leadership and management coaching. You will have opportunity to lead and participate in cross team and Utility Computing-wide projects such as developing mechanisms to improve senior leadership development, drive inclusion diversity improvements, and workforce planning.
• Bachelor Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 8 plus years of experience in progressive HR leadership roles with broad knowledge and experience in human resource management.
• Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
• Demonstrated skill at influencing Sr. Leaders and pushing back to ensure a great employee experience.
• Track record of successfully helping self and business leaders scale in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Ability to navigate in a highly complex and dynamic business setting
• Influencing skills and ability to effectively interface with senior members of the business
• Ability to dive deep, attention to detail and follow-through
• Bias for action and the ability to drive outcomes in a matrixed environment
• Ability to work in a collaborative manner and develop strong working relationships
• Project management and execution skills-with exceptional writing ability
• Demonstrated ability to lead through strong business acumen and excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including employee development and performance appraisal systems
• General knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment, understanding when subject matter expects need to be engaged on these subjects
• Experience assessing management and executive talent
• Coaching and consulting experience
• Able to travel, as appropriate
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top