Sr HR Manager
- Jefferson, GA
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven Senior HR Leadership. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, self-starter to lead our Human Resources department as a Senior HR Manager, in one of our 200+ North America Fulfillment Centers.
The Senior HR Manager is part of a fulfillment center's on-site senior leadership team. As the building's senior most HR Leader, this individual is critical in providing strategic and tactical leadership direction, executing our people initiatives, providing internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement in a location with 2,000 to 6,000 associates.
The Senior HR Manager will develop their own leadership skills and gain a deep knowledge of the business across Amazon's growing supply chain network. They are expected to scale with the growth of the business, lead and develop diverse teams, solve problems with creative solutions, and deliver results on behalf of our customers. This role is key in developing a team of HR professionals as well as personally progressing to scale into a future, multi-unit leadership role as the company grows.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Set the vision, direction, and culture of their HR team by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real-time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
• Responsible for leading and developing a team of 10 - 20 early to mid-career HR professionals.
• Collaborate with colleagues in operations and finance to work together with the centralized staffing team for non-exempt hiring strategies, and play a key role in hiring exempt professionals and managers within their fulfillment center.
• Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
• Work together with site and regional leadership teams to harmonize site-specific priorities in alignment with overarching Amazon goals (e.g., diversity & inclusion, engagement, and talent management initiatives).
• Deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a high volume workload supporting HR functions and operations leadership.
• Drive and direct all employee engagement efforts for senior leaders, front line managers, and associates.
• Analyze, evaluate, and direct talent management strategies for the site.
• Continuously innovate HR solutions and process improvement; specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred.
• Lead projects at a site and network level, influence and obtain buy-in from stakeholders, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results using strong project management skills.
• 7+ years' human resources management/HRBP experience.
• Experience supporting hourly, front-line employee populations of 1,000+.
• 7+ years' experience in one or more of the following industries: shipping/logistics distribution centers, manufacturing environments, hospitality, healthcare, retail, and customer-facing / customer-service environments.
• Bachelor's degree
• Proficient with Internet and email, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Advanced degree: MBA or Masters in HRM preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in Fortune 500 companies, military, or matrixed organizations.
• Experience supporting hourly, front-line employee populations of 2,000+.
• Demonstrated success proven through steady career progression within varied HR roles for the last 7+ years.
• Demonstrated success with stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles (e.g., varied experiences to include but not limited to start-ups, turn-arounds, international assignments, and rapid growth business environments).
• Experience in workforce planning/flex staffing
• Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on driving results.
• Prior experience supporting large hourly employee client groups (e.g., distribution, manufacturing, or service industry environments).
• Prior experience leading the HR function, coaching teams and stakeholders, and directly developing direct reports.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
• Strong background in building and executing in a highly ambiguous, flexible environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us [AY1]
Back to top