Sr. HR Leader, AWS
- Seattle, WA
About Amazon Web Services (AWS)
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Cloud Computing is revolutionizing Information Technology. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, customers can requisition compute power, storage, and other services-gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as their business demands them. Customers pay only for what they use, with no up-front expenses or long-term commitments, making AWS the most cost-effective, flexible way to deliver their applications to their customers and clients. AWS is the leader in the global IaaS cloud computing space and is continually growing. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com.
The Sr. HR Leader is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support parts of the Amazon Web Services Databases & Analytics organization. Based in the Puget Sound, this role will be a part of a fun, passionate and dynamic HR and business team and requires strong team collaboration. This role is critical in leading and executing our people initiatives by providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
The HR function at Amazon has a four-pronged mission: Enable Growth, Develop Large Leaders, Cultivate Culture, and Operate Optimally. This leader will focus on developing and implementing an HR strategy that supports a high growth environment and ensures that these strategies are aligned with the business objectives, as well as Amazon's culture.
Responsibilities for the role include:
• Function as a business partner to key AWS leaders and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans, and coach and mentor at leadership at all level in the organization
• Lead the annual HR efforts relating to Talent and Performance Management, Compensation Management, Succession Planning, and Leadership Development for respective client groups
• Drive operational excellence and efficiency in HR processes to enable the organization to hire and develop talent at scale and consistently to Amazon principles
• Lead a direct team of HRBPs in North America, and an indirect team globally to support these businesses and subsidiary businesses partnering with COEs/SMEs as appropriate
• Take a true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
• Facilitate change management within a rapid and complex changing work environment
• Bachelors Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field (or equivalent).
• Candidate should have at least 12 years of experience in progressive HR leadership roles with broad knowledge and experience in human resource management, including employee relations, talent development, performance management and compensation.
• 2-3 years HR experience in a high tech environment.
• Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred.
• Able to travel domestically and globally, as needed.
• 4-5 years HR experience in a high tech environment.
• Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans.
• Experience assessing management and executive talent.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top