Sr. HR Business Partner - Delivery Experience Technology
The HR function at Amazon has a four-pronged mission to Enable Growth, Develop Large Leaders, Cultivate Culture, and Operate Optimally.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our Human Resources team as a Sr. HR Business Partner supporting the Delivery Experience Technology team. The focus of this team is to create the technology for providing customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order. Delivery Experience defines, builds, launches and manages delivery programs and features across all of Amazon, including Prime 2-day shipping, Prime Free Same-Day Delivery, One-Day Shipping, No Rush, Free Shipping over $25, and inventions yet to come.
In this role you will partner with the business leaders for the Delivery Experience Technology organization to build and execute HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. The individual in this role must be able to understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the business as it grows rapidly to support Amazon marketplace expansion around the world. The Sr. HRBP serves as a liaison between the business and the central corporate teams to assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development and leadership development. They also partner with regional HR teams to execute programs and solutions. We are looking for Human Resources professionals who have the ability to anticipate needs, diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions, and collaborate well across a matrix to build and deliver results. In this role, it is important to strike the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/compliance. You are highly analytical and apply critical thinking to ensure focus on the right things, using metrics and anecdotal data to measure success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management to develop and implement HR plans and solutions.
- Partner with business to assess human resources needs in areas such as organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition, employee and career development, performance management, succession planning, and rewards and recognition.
- Provide management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders.
- Assess business unit's management training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as appropriate.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Partner with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group.
- 7+ years of experience in an HR generalist or business partner role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- Master's degree or MBA preferred
- Experience in corporate and operations environments
- Experience with highly ambiguous and/or startup environments
- Organization Development experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top