Sr. HR Assistant / Employee Relations Specialist - Amazon Pop-Up
Amazon Pop-Up – Sr. HRA/ER Specialist
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department for the Amazon Pop-Up business.
This role is both strategic and hands-on, providing Human Resources support to our Pop-Up locations. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Ensure data integrity in HRIS (Peoplesoft) systems.
- Maintenance of HRIS systems: updating employee status, supervisor changes, and location changes as needed.
- Attendance tracking: coordinate with managers to ensure employees are on the correct schedule pattern and time sheets.
- Keying and tracking of corrective actions and other performance management documents.
- Maintaining customer inside Amazon page and other SharePoint sites.
- Supporting new location opening processes including creating policies and systems to be compliant with local laws.
- Completing and distributing daily and weekly reports to managers and business leaders.
- Ensure timely payroll reporting to Amazon's corporate payroll office.
- Provide frequent customer service regarding payroll, benefits, scheduling, etc.
- Assist internal customers with benefits, orientation, and stock inquiries.
- Ownership of critical employee information such as talent data, attrition and promotions. Including calculating the attrition metrics for salaried and hourly associates.
- Assisting with roll out of new initiatives and projects including compensation strategy, performance management, talent management, and career development.
- Partnering with appropriate internal stakeholders on workers compensation, employee relations, leave of absences, stock, etc.
- Assisting with other projects such as diversity, employee satisfaction and recognition programs
- Leverage analytical capabilities to influence business partners with data-driven recommendations.
- Partner with business leaders and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices.
- Design and conduct multiple positive labor relations trainings and communications.
- Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback.
- Conduct and oversee employee relations and vulnerability assessment programs.
- Partner to engage in continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices.
- Analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations.
- Work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are highly sensitive and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time, such as conducting workplace investigations and advising on challenging employee situations.
- Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree.
- 3+ years of HR work experience.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access (please bring samples of work to interview) and SharePoint.
- Experience with strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
- Experience with building reporting and communication to customer audiences.
- Experience handling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment & labor laws.
- Human Resources training and experience desired.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- Experience with Peoplesoft.
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills; excellent public speaker.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines.
- Confident and innovative thinker; isn't satisfied with "checking the box" or just pulling out "what we did at my last job".
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top