Sr Hardware Reliability Engineer
The AWS Hardware Reliability Team is part of AWS Hardware Engineering that designs cutting edge compute and storage platforms that enable one of the world's largest Cloud Services provider. As a Senior Reliability Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design infrastructure technologies. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will:
- Be responsible for the test validation of future technologies.
- You will have a fundamental understanding of Reliability statistics/Reliability tests and/or solid understanding of computer systems to influence design for reliability.
- Lead identifying and validating product/component risks and work with design teams to mitigate them and define the test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability.
- Deep-dive in technologies aligned with product roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor engineers.
- Perform Reliability prediction of failure mechanisms, products under development and products in the field.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Reliability Engineering, Physics or related field
- 5+ years of Reliability Engineering work experience with server compute platforms or on high-tech hardware
- Demonstrated ability to uncover systemic issues prior to NPI
- Working understanding of server subcomponents (HDD, SSD, memory, mother board, thermal system, peripherals, etc.)
- Strong analytical, test plan, and test procedure development experience related to server compute platforms or with high-tech hardware
- Demonstrated ability to drive failure analysis activities to root cause swiftly and accurately
- Reliability modeling and materials characterization experience
- Ability to influence development teams, procurement and external partners
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PhD in Reliability Engineering or related field
- Deep, up-to-date, technical understanding of motherboard and networking technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top