Sr. Hardware Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering team creates compute and storage server designs for Amazon's innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in performance, frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our Hardware Engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality server platforms and components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies. We are seeking experienced Hardware Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud platforms. Our success depends on our highly respected server infrastructure; we're handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
What you will do: As a member of the Server Hardware Engineering team, you'll be responsible for the design of our server platforms and AWS specific hardware components. You will interact with engineers across the company, and work with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, development, validation, and the successful implementation of your work at large scale. You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale server deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your products performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want team members who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for hardware customizations that will directly benefit AWS customers.
Why you will love it: You will work directly with engineers across the company to build next-generation hardware. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work.
AWS Hardware Engineering team is seeking experienced hardware design engineers to design and build next-generation server platforms, and AWS specific hardware component.
• A Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in system level design, board design and component designs
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
• Experience in compute and storage server architecture and design for large scale applications
• Expertise in motherboard design, PCB design including schematic capture, stackup and circuit board layout
• Experience in collaborating with the ECAD/physical board designer and able to review PCB designs with Allegro, CAM350, or equivalent
• Expertise in server technologies such as, thermal, mechanical, power, and signal integrity
• Experience working with interdisciplinary teams to execute product design from concept to production
• Experience in developing functional specifications, design verification plans and functional test procedures
• Proficient coding, scripting and debug abilities
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top