Sr. Group Engineering Manager - Software Development
- Arlington, VA
The Amazon Topology team determines how many, what kind, and where to place new buildings for Amazon's supply chain. These facilities range from million-square-foot fulfillment centers with thousands of robots down to inner-city Prime Now facilities serving orders to be fulfilled within an hour. Each year we spend billions on these facilities and expect high-impact results from the network built upon them. That network is expanding faster than ever. If you are interested in diving into a multi-discipline, high impact space this team is for you.
We are looking for Sr. Manager of our Cube Forecasting and Build Recommendation organization. In this role, you will own making the forecast of what fulfillment center resources we are expecting to need up to years into the future and make a recommendation of what to build. This is a mix of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and economics. The team itself is a mix of software engineers, business intelligence engineers, and scientists.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience with high-impact decisions (>$1B)
• Experience with machine learning and optimization in production
• Experience with fully automated machine training (e.g. automatic re-training, automatic testing)
• Experience with complex supply chains (>100 facilities, >1000 routes)
Back to top