Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of and system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
Simulation is an absolute necessity for the success of our program. In many fields of engineering and product development, simulation has attained a level of sophistication, speed and accuracy that makes it indispensable in the process of creation. That is not the case for numerous aspects of the problems we are solving. Our simulations are fully immersive.
As a Sr. Graphics Engineer, you will:
• Design and implement features for simulation
• Profile and optimize 3D application
• Work on general graphics engine, such as streaming, post process, materials and lighting
• Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering (or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in design, algorithms, and data structures.
• Experience with at least one of API: DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan, OpenCL, Cuda
• Strong 3D Math skills
• Fluent in writing high performance, maintainable and robust C++ code
• Masters' + PhD degree in Computer Science/Computer Graphic
• Experience with game engine such as Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard
• Shipped 3D games, or commercial 3D graphics software
• Expertise in GPU Hardware architecture, graphics API, shading language, GPU ray tracing, global illumination.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.