Sr. Global Supply Manager
- Portland, OR
The Infrastructure, Supply Chain, and Procurement (ISCaP) team is looking for a results-oriented individual to own supply management for Data Center Power & Cooling Equipment. Our Supply Managers are experts in their industries who deliver the supply that helps drive the explosive growth of AWS.
As a member of the Power and Cooling Supply Chain Operations Team, you will manage the global supply chain for one or more of the categories that reside within the Power and Cooling Equipment space supporting AWS Data Center build projects. This role's primary responsibility is to maintain unconstrained supply on a global scale for the responsible categories and work with our internal customers and business partners to understand demand signals and drive the appropriate supply strategies to deliver continuity of supply.
• Develop, implement, and manage supply chain strategies on a global scale
• Drive the strategic aspects of large complex cross-functional projects
• Develop and maintain supplier capacity modeling
• Understand demand inputs and position supply to support unconstrained growth at AWS scale in both the short-term and long-term horizons
• Engage with global supply chain counterparts to drive leading supply chain practices and initiatives.
• Drive innovation through the supply chain and influence industry practices
• Develop analytical reports to deliver information to business partners and stakeholders that support improved decision making
• Manage supplier lead times and drive them to meet AWS business requirements
• Manage supplier performance and allocation of material to demands based on priority
• Be a subject matter expert for the customers, technologies, and markets in which you engage
• Manage cross-functional projects against plans and objectives to meet commitments and goals
• Identify and drive realization of opportunities for sustainable, scalable, relative advantage in your category
• Requires travel up to 30% of the year
Function Specific Work Activities:
• Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base opportunities to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize industry developments that benefit Amazon
• Identify and pursue opportunities to leverage and consolidate the supply base using system level tools and techniques
• Understand forecasting, demand planning, material planning, and manufacturing processes to verify supply commitments
• Manage supply buffers and allocation to shorten lead times and build resiliency into the supply chain without driving excess
• Drive supplier improvement initiatives to continually lower risk and reduce lead times
• Influence suppliers' manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in a supply chain discipline or related field
• 7+ years of progressive experience in supply chain management and/or supply planning role
• End-to-end knowledge of supply chain operations and systems
• Experience managing and manipulating complex data sets utilizing analytical tools (Tableau, SQL, Data Warehouse, etc).
• Able to model supply chain strategies to define cost and performance impacts, trade-offs, and risks
• Understand the implications of different operational choices to guide teams and leadership to best solutions for the organization
• MBA or advanced degree in engineering, supply chain or other quantitative disciplines.
• Experience in data centers, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company.
• 10+ years of relevant supply chain experience
• Experience developing innovative global supply strategies for the organization resulting in a tangible benefit to the business
• Experience designing the strategy and execution road map for a supply chain
• Experience providing design and vision for technology infrastructure investment, providing financial savings in an end to end supply chain
• Experience with logistics, import/export requirements definition, and contract logistics
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top