Sr. Global Program Manager, Launchpad
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on helping startups launch their new, innovative products on Amazon across the globe? The Amazon Launchpad team is looking for a talented, experienced, self-directed person who can own all aspects of global operations and marketing.
This is a unique role that combines functions, so it is important that the right person be flexible and structured, experienced but willing to learn, and execution-oriented while always seeing the big picture.
Amazon Launchpad is a unique program that leverages the power of Amazon to help showcase innovative products from startups to millions of Amazon customers. We work with crowdfunding sites, incubators and venture capitalists to identify exciting startups, and then help those startups take advantage of our world-class retail expertise and global infrastructure to market, sell and deliver their products. We are in the US, UK, Germany, France, India, and China, and this role will focus on the businesses outside of the US.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance functions to identify the biggest opportunities for value, efficiencies, and improvements. He/she should be data-driven, creative, organized, be a fast learner, and have a demonstrated track record of successfully juggling multiple projects and working across teams. This person must have strong writing and communication skills, and be able to work at both a strategic level and the tactical level.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assess day-to-day and long-term operational and marketing needs, and create mechanisms for management and scale
- Work with global teams to understand the needs of the program and startups in order to ruthlessly prioritize efforts that will drive the most value
- Own and maintain business critical operations and marketing processes
- Work with teams across Amazon to implement new initiatives
- Have visibility to Amazon initiatives across the globe that will impact the program, and plan accordingly for the long-term benefit of Launchpad
- Support in-country teams
May require up to 25% international travel.
If this sounds like an exciting challenge, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7+ years of experience in business management across functions
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and use data to make decisions
- Proven track record of implementing, managing, and simplifying business processes
- Exceptional ability to solve problems and coordinate with global team members
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Proven track record of continually advocating on behalf of your internal and external customers
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- SQL fluency preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top