Sr. Global Alliance Manager
- Santa Clara, CA
Global Alliance Manager - DevOps
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate to manage an elite portfolio of strategic AWS technology partners focused on the Container ecosystem. Your job will be to use these strategic partners to help deliver on AWS' strategy to drive enterprise adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform, which includes Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS and many more cloud services.
Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with your partners and with the AWS sales field, guiding the development and launch of joint solutions in the container / public cloud space, and executing joint GTM plans globally. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with enterprise customers. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and familiarity with DevOps technologies including Chef, Puppet, New Relic, Atlassian, Ansible, Jenkins and others.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology integration, marketing and business development initiatives.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS alliance team in helping to define and deliver our go-to-market strategy with container partners.
• Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
• Set and manage business development and sales targets and work with your team, each partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
• Create and execute the team's business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
• Ensure that AWS is each partner's preferred public cloud computing platform across all partner product lines.
• Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Have working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
• Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
• Create and execute operational rigor including territory management, account management, segment plans, and business reviews (internal/external).
• 10+ years of alliance management and/or business development experience with experience building global technology partnerships
• Understanding of AWS, Cloud Infrastructure, major ISVs in the DevOps space
• 5 + years of prior experience working with stakeholders and cross functional teams, specifically direct and channel marketing, solution architect teams, product management and account management teams
• Bachelor's degree in technology and/or business
• Global alliance and sales account management
• Knowledge of AWS and Infrastructure technologies, services and standards
• Computer Science background
• Ability to create and meet joint solution and GTM strategies and tactical plans
• Consistently exceed quota and key performance metrics
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives
• Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
• Technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive infrastructure technologies as well as virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models
• Deep familiarity with cloud and infrastructure technologies such as, enterprise security, IOT, networking and datacenter products, services, market positioning and sales strategies
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
"Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records."
Back to top