Are you passionate about the intersection of emerging technologies such as cloud computing, IoT, AR/VR with location-based data? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions with location data at it's foundation? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Geospatial Architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based Geospatial solutions.
The value of knowing and using the context of 'here' holds the potential to improve every application. Daily activities like placing your lunch order, waiting for your rideshare vehicle, checking weather, browsing rental apartments all use rich location and map data. This position will directly improve how customers and app developers integrate location into their applications. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solution architects, and various service team to drive adoption of location rich application. This will include showcasing services such as AWS IoT, AWS Groundstation, and AR/VR technologies.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large public sector organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers using partner map platforms and AWS services such as AWS IoT and Mobile Services
• In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of AWS
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Experience developing map based solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer-facing role and you will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
• 7+ years of experience in application and database architecture
• 3+ years of experience working with location based applications (asset tacking, routing)
• Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions
• Experience using imagery and GIS software applications
• Experience using major types of imagery and creating GIS datasets
• Ability to drive process improvements focused on effective use of Geospatial technology solutions (LiDAR, UAS, GIS, etc.) to deliver effective, value-added solutions.
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
• Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization
• Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as FedRAMP and HIPAA
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle.
• Experience programming applications backed by cloud services
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.