This role is contributing directly to one of the most ambitious games in the industry. New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. Success in New World ultimately depends on a player's ability to conquer not only rival players, but Aeternum itself, as it unleashes undead legions, hell-bent on purging them from its shores. New World stands apart from other games in the genre by offering massive siege battles, thrilling supernatural invasions and a stunning and diverse natural setting
Please have a look at our New World Trailer at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKnUBs-Ko44&feature=youtu.be
What you'll do:
• Design, develop and maintain a highly distributed, scalable multiplayer environment using high quality C++ code
• Leverage AWS-based solutions that will solve the needs of the game development, publishing, customer service, and live operations teams
• Monitor, measure, and improve system stability and developer iteration time
• Proactively identify and solve problems that affect the development team
• Be an advocate for players and developers: Insist on the highest standards, drive to operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer centric features.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience or background in C++ network programming (TCP/IP, UDP, async systems)
• Experience with high frequency state replication between network entities
• Experience in real time networking, including compensation for variable order and timing in data (interpolation/extrapolation, fast route optimizations)
• Experience coding against large data systems
• A passion for video games
• Game industry experience working on PC games
• Strong communication skills across different teams and technical backgrounds
• A good understanding of Windows or Linux network stacks
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.