Sr Front-End Engineer - AWS EMR
- Palo Alto, CA
Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon EMR team in Amazon Web Services!
Amazon EMR is a web service which enables customers to run massive clusters with distributed big data frameworks like Apache Hadoop, Hive, Tez, Flink, Spark, Presto, HBase and more, with the ability to scale up and down as needed. We run large number of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are developing innovative ways for customers to interact with their data. You will be creating intuitive experiences for data scientists, data engineers and data analysts who build and run massive analytics and machine-learning applications. If you want to apply your skills against the hardest and most rewarding challenges, and redefine the experience of practitioners in analytics and machine learning, this opportunity is for you.
We're looking for an experienced Web Development Engineer to build UI experiences for brand new EMR product offerings. You will build modern UI experiences using the latest front-end technologies.
For more information:
• AWS re:Invent 2017 Amazon EMR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CAWf9VDgFM
• AWS re:Invent 2017 Keynote - Andy Jassy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IxDLeFQKPk
• AWS Big Data Blog: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/
• AWS EMR: https://aws.amazon.com/emr/
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions by working with PM, UX designers, and customers.
• Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
• Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
• Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
• Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
• Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
• 5+ years professional experience in front-end development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with modern programming languages (e.g., Java/C#/Ruby or equivalent).
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Solid system design and architecture experience.
• Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
• Experience developing software using modern frameworks such as Angular JS, React, Spring or Node
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
• Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a common technical goal.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and technical disagreements while leading the team to the optimal solution
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
• Experience using Amazon Web Services desirable
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
• Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
• A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top