Sr. Frontend Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Identity User Experience team focuses on making it easier for AWS customers to manage their software solutions through robust authentication and authorization mechanisms. We provide web-based experiences for customers to define who has access to their AWS resources (Identity & Access Management), integrate and manage their directories of users and devices (Directory Service), and manage resources at scale (Tagging, Organizations, Accounts). Our mission is to create extraordinary user interfaces that empower experienced developers to have fine-grained control over their environments and security, while being simple enough for less-technical users to ensure they are protecting their data and systems utilizing best-practices.
If you have a passion for architecting and building web applications, are interested in upcoming web standards, and care about delighting customers by making it easier to secure data and applications of all different sizes and types, we'd love to talk to you!
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• Web applications design and development experience
• Several years of experience in a senior software or web development role
• Experience developing with MVC/MVM frameworks (e.g. React.JS, AngularJS, Vue)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Informatics or equivalent experience
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
• Experience driving software projects, including design, implementation, and deployment.
• Expertise in ReactJS and component web development
• Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby )
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Deep understanding of best testing practices
• Real passion for Operational Excellence
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Experience with Java or C++/C#/.NET and the Spring Framework
• Familiarity with security technology and concepts (Authentication, Authorization, Single sign-on, Cryptography, etc.)
• Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top