Sr. Front End Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to be one of the leaders of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
We are the Amazon Associate Platform team. Our charter is to deliver a scalable, robust and secured device platform for all our physical stores: Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon 4 Star, Whole Food and other confidential projects. Our team is building and maintaining the applications, developer tools and services that enable our associates to operate the stores, using a variety of devices such as mobile handheld devices, point-of-sale stations, demo devices, on a wide range of hardware and software platforms.
In our team you will have the opportunity to:
• Build fascinating new web services and products
• Work directly with our customers and shape the vision of the web stack
• Create and drive metrics to measure complexity
• Brainstorm, prototype, test, and iterate on new ideas
• Work with the latest technologies and tools
• Learn from others and help grow other team members
• See the positive impact of your work on real customers
• Brainstorm, design, and implement front end components and user experience for Associate platform Customers
Interested in a team with a strong culture and camaraderie? Have the passion to build the best customers experience and the drive to actually ship it? Then we would love to talk to you.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in Front-end web technologies and trends
• 7+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, client side security, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
• 5+ years of experience in multi-tier large scale web architecture
• Expert with JSS
• Familiarity with Jest
• Obsessed with WPO (Web Performance Optimization) and web / mobile performance analysis
• Familiar with web security, SEO, accessibility and internationalization
• Experienced with web standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and socket APIs in general
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Outstanding written, presentation and communication skills, evangelism experience a plus
• Willing to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
• Able to learn large scale complex systems quickly
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Expert with Web Server technologies and edge computing services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top