Sr. Food Lead
Sr. Food Leads are responsible for executing and providing support to the Area Manager for standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to one or more food product categories including Produce, Deli, Bakery, Meat, Seafood or other processed foods. The overarching charge for this position is to ensure that the Fulfillment Center (FC) shelves are stocked with an appropriate amount of high quality products to meet customer demand for the Operations team to pick. The Sr. Food Lead will apply practices around sanitation, temperature control, receiving, stowing, and removal methods to maintain wholesomeness and quality and will guide area associates in applying these practices. The Sr. Food Lead should be well versed in receiving and inventory procedures. The Sr. Food Lead should also be knowledgeable of Health Department requirements.
- Lead person in a shift supporting the Area Manager in the daily management of department duties, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and communicating with internal and external partners
- Inbound Receive/QC ; grading (taste/sensory check), receive overage
- Trouble Ticket deep diving – root cause analysis
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching for Level 4 & Tier I Associates – Point person for shift
- Responsible for associate performance management in your area and on your shift. Coach and counsel associates through shift goals and managing productivity, safety and quality. Utilize Human Resources for advice regarding organization's disciplinary policies and procedures.
- Mentor, train and develop associates in your area and on your shift for career progression and growth through the organization
- Manage and execute sanitation standards and processes, adhering to strict safety and quality standards, keeping work area clean and organized
- Cross-train other Sr. Food Leads, Area Managers and Associates on one or more product areas including produce, deli, bakery, meat, seafood, and other.
- Manage daily credits with detailed rejection reasons and communicate to corporate
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS); Execute receive SOPS applying quality control standards and processes. Review and update SOP documentation for area as required. Assist the floor as an associate resource, training and coaching associates and verifying SOP compliance through conducting standard work checks
- Inventory adjustments; Manage and execute inventory adjustment processes applying product expiration standards. Provide inventory adjustment details to corporate based on qualifying thresholds. Analyze and determine root cause of all inventory adjustments. Prioritize inventory adjustment research based on severity
- Conduct regular inventory quality control checks applying quality standards
- Excel work – printing stickers, ticket tracking, credits
- Move product using radio frequency scanners
- Perform needed cycle counts and/or relocate product virtually and physically
- Analyze and determine any needed cycle counts to correct errors found during adjustment research
- Ensure successful area performance, through tracking, reporting and feedback of associate performance
- Provide feedback to process owners with root cause analysis, and participate in Operational Excellence initiatives
- Maintain a complete and thorough understanding of inventory and quality control and systems in an automated Fulfillment Center
- Demonstrate full understanding of workflow and daily production goals
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to communicate with managers and associates at all levels
- Possess excellent attention to detail and ability to work with the highest level of accuracy
- Must be able to work independently, and with many teams within the building and corporate offices
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Must be able to prioritize tasks effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate integrity and confidentiality
- Must be able to comprehend a lot of information in a short period of time
Machines, Tools, Special Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment Used:
RF Scanner, laptop, carts, wheeled dollies, pallet jacks, knife for slicing product, machine slicers, weighing and packaging equipment, bins, tubs, box opener, thermometers, sanitation materials, powered equipment (for example, a forklift or cherry picker)
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Must be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Work in a chilled environment
- 2 years of experience in Produce, Meat, Seafood, Deli, Bakery or other processed foods
- Based on experience in specific areas (produce, meat, seafood, deli, bakery or other processed food), possess knowledge of food handling, processing, quality, storage and inspection of those areas.
- Possess hands on familiarity with the cleaning and sanitizing requirements (food safety) in a food processing operation
- Ability to secure a food handlers permit
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent and at least 18 years old
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality
- Able to work extra hours as required
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as Excel, Word, Outlook
- Possess a completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Total 4+ years of experience in perishable foods including in produce, deli, bakery, meat, seafood, or other processed foods
- Possesses certification as a ServSafe Food Protection Manager, accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP) or an equivalent Food Manager Certification.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to coach, train and assist team members and communicate effectively to a group of 20+ associates
- Develop and or train and hold associate team members accountable for comprehending and correctly applying established procedures, including but not limited to: food quality, food safety, safe work practices, weights and measures and best industry practices around food production.
- Demonstrates comprehension of food safety principles and is able to produce and or refine and implement operational best practices for a high quality/ high volume operation.
- Have a proven ability to think outside of the box and search for innovative solutions
- Have experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Possess the ability to work for different managers: managers move around to meet business needs and as Amazon's business grows you must adapt to changes in management
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and a background check in accordance with all federal, state and local laws.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top