Sr. Financial Analyst, WW Operations Finance Rapid Rotation Program
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Operations is driving the global supply chain revolution by pioneering robotics, founding sustainable operating methods such as electric vehicles and introducing 1-day delivery for millions of products. To support this growth, Amazon Operations Finance is seeking seasoned finance professionals to participate in a newly created Rapid Rotational program that will generate assignments based on leave of absence vacancy across WW Operations Finance. You will become a key business partner by focusing on core finance functions, and work on special projects to achieve optimal performance. We expect you to have the bias for action that will allow you to contribute to your rotational assignment on Day 1. We expect you to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily. When not assigned to a leave of absence vacancy, you will work on key projects in the central Insights, Planning, Analysis and Technology (IPAT) team.
This is a great opportunity for a successful Finance professional to develop new skills and accelerate their visibility across WW Operations Finance.
Job responsibilities might include:
• Recommending, developing, and implementing mechanisms to guide the business teams.
• Continuous reporting innovation and automation.
• Designing monthly financial reviews at the inputs grain to drive business change.
• Identifying new KPIs.
• Creating step-change financial analyses and insight.
• Partnering with upstream and downstream teams to ensure that all planning processes are efficient.
• Driving continuous improvement and communication to both your operations & other business partners.
• Influencing others, and encouraging your team to challenge assumptions.
• Working with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
• BA/BS degree in Economics, Finance, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias AND 5+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
• 4+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• Experience in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
• Master's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field and/or Professional certification (CFA) + relevant experience
• Experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
• Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
• Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top