Sr. Financial Analyst, US Books
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst based in Seattle to join its US Media Finance team supporting our US Physical Books business. This position offers a unique point of view, working very closely with the leadership of the Media organization and cross functionally within the Books Finance team. In this role, you will own multiple planning, modelling, review and reporting processes, covering the full Books P&L and supporting business functions as a trusted finance advisor to several business teams. A successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, sharp attention to detail, superb modelling and querying abilities, ability to create and manage reports and data, be analytical and curious about the inner workings and strategy of the businesses supported.
This role will be a good fit if you:
- Are detailed oriented and have problem solving skills;
- Are able to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way;
- Thrive in fast-paced environment, managing several priorities;
- Are able to work with large sets of data;
- Are not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and learn new tools and processes
- Enjoy improving processes and providing ever higher levels of support to the business and your finance peers;
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing, modifying and maintaining the models used to review financials and perform variance analyses;
- Working across business and other finance functions exchanging information on plans and actual financial results, including accounting, tax, legal;
- Leading ad-hoc financial analyses across businesses and categories;
- Working with business teams to drive monthly financial processes; and
- Analyzing financial and operational performance metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience or MBA + 2 years finance experience;
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- · Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis
- · Advanced Excel skills
- MBA preferred
- · Highly analytical and detail oriented
- · Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- · Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- · Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- · Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- · Customer focus and professional demeanor
- · Strong track record of business partnership
- · Experience and ability to use Cognos, or similar tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top