Sr. Financial Analyst - Sustainable Transportation
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you interested in driving new products and programs to help Amazon become the industry leader in sustainable transportation? Are you interested in the science of sustainability and passionate about innovating on behalf of our customers on this global problem? We're looking for an experienced, high performing Sr. Financial Analyst to partner with our Air and Ground logistics teams and deliver on Amazon Transportation Service's carbon reduction goals.
In this role you will partner directly with the business, finance, and tech teams to identify the right business strategies, help define roadmaps, and provide guidance and reporting. As a key member of the team, you will directly influence business decisions including capex investments, pricing models, and long term strategy.
• RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Conducting financial analysis and due diligence for sustainability projects
• Engaging with partner teams to align on long term strategy and consolidate carbon emissions forecast
• Facilitating financial review meetings with business groups and working with business managers to quantify and report on initiatives and projects
• Creating, improving, and maintaining financial metrics, reports and scorecards
• Communicating financial and business results including variance analyses to senior business leaders
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
• 5 years of finance experience, or master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA or advanced degree is preferred
• Prior experience in transportation, retail operations, and/or supply chain management
• Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
• Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in an unstructured environment
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with business partners and influence decisions
• Comfortable handling large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
• Strong analytical, financial modeling, and reporting skills
• Advanced user of Excel
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and Redshift (including proficiency with data mining and business intelligence)
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top