At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for an internship or a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
• Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff's 2018 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
• Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
• Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers plus so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires that we work with a dynamic network of partners across businesses. We help others understand finance and are trusted advisers for every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help make the best possible decisions. The challenges we take on span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same missionto be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Participants join Amazon as Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) Interns at our Meguro Office in Tokyo. An Amazon MBA summer internship is 10-12 weeks long, consisting of a strategic project that is data intensive, analytical, centered on a real business issue, and representative of the full-time role. The interns will have ownership of a high profile project within a Finance business organization team, where they will partner with key business groups and clients. By participating in the internship, you will have opportunities to analyze unique business ideas, make data driven decisions and provide input to drive meaningful change. Each intern will have exposure to upper level management (including Vice Presidents and Directors) and the opportunity to apply general business and financial analysis skills to support successful execution of corporate strategies.
Possible intern projects could include:
• Forecasting long term costs or top line growth
• Financial modeling for new market launches
• Building a pricing model
• Streamlining corporate allocations
• Competitor bench marking
• Variable Cost modeling
• International cost allocation determination
All internship applicants are required to have work authorization for the country of application either through citizenship or, for the US, Curricular Practical Training (CPT) sponsorship through their school.
For internship applicants for Japan internship, Amazon may provide visa support. However, it will not guarantee the visa issuance by the government.
• Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA or equivalent master's level program (Class of 2022)
• 3+ years of relevant work experience prior to master's program
• Business level fluency in Japanese and English (mandatory)
• 4-6 years of work experience
• Committed to learning new things, taking ownership and getting things done
• Comfortable working in a cross-functional, dynamic environment, managing multiple, sometimes competing, priorities
2021 JP MBA