Sr Financial Analyst - Grocery Delivery
- Toronto, Canada
Do you want to be part of one of Amazon's top strategic businesses? Amazon Fresh/Prime Now is building the future of online grocery shopping and is currently looking for a Sr Financial Analyst to join our finance team. This is a unique opportunity to own a category P&L and influence business decisions on a daily basis. The candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment, and will be a creative and analytical problem solver.
Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of Retail, Operations, Marketing and Tech partners. Our analysts work across teams, help others understand financial decisions, and are trusted business advisers. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate Earth's most customer-centric company!
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing analytical support, working with large sets of data and mining for information.
• Ensuring a high level of financial controls are followed, maintaining data integrity.
• Financial modeling for solving real-life business problems, creatively employing tools and processes to answer business questions with speed and accuracy.
• Developing exceptional talent, mentoring and coaching junior members of the team.
• Managing and participating in finance and accounting activities across retail categories.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, data interpretation, and analysis
• Intermediate up to advanced proficiency in Excel and SQL
• 2+ years of experience performing financial and ad-hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload in an ambiguous environment
• Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Strong track record of business partnership
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Customer focus and professional demeanor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top