Sr. Financial Analyst
- Lyon, France
If you want to be a part of the largest, most visible and most-disruptive business at Amazon and enjoy driving thoughtful impact in a fast-paced environment, look no further than the Worldwide Consumer Insights, Planning and Analysis (IPA) team. The IPA organization is responsible for planning and analyzing the business, delivering insights that describe the business story to our senior leadership, which ultimately influences how we shape our strategy.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst- a compelling opportunity to work closely with Senior Leaders (role works directly with Directors and VPs) in Amazon's largest business. Our organization is building new systems, processes and analytics that will support strategic decision making as the company continues to grow rapidly.
The successful candidate will be a key player in driving how we produce and relate our financial story as part of strategic planning processes. The role owns the planning calendar and develops the work back schedule that guides Consumer's planning rhythms (OP1, OP2, 3YF, Quarterly Guidance). The role also owns production and continuous improvement of the bridge reports, which are utilized to provide critical analytics about business impacts and allow senior leadership to make informed business operation decisions.
Duties may include:
• Owning the planning calendar and managing the planning and quarterly guidance processes
• Owning delivery of WW Consumer financial driver bridge reporting and analytics to senior leaders during planning processes
• Executing ad hoc analyses and special projects, providing thoughtful business insights
• Drive continuous improvement on existing processes and mechanisms
• Collecting, analyzing, and reviewing quantitative data and making recommendations on a path forward
• Coordinating with stakeholder teams to optimize efforts and share best practices across the Consumer organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Cognos/TM1 skills
• Financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and related skills
• Experience in project management
• Ability to work independently, manage deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve results in a dynamic environment
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify
• Effective communicator
• Experience with automation initiatives
Back to top