At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Selling Partner Services (SPS) team is building new and innovative tools to allow our worldwide network of sellers to connect with customers around the globe. The high-performing business is expanding, and requires strong finance leadership to drive the right investments in this exciting space.
Amazon is seeking a Sr Financial Analyst to join the SPS finance team supporting the Worldwide Third Party (3P) Fee Strategy. Our 3P business includes both Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) and Merchant Fulfillment Network (MFN); with Sellers contributing to over 50% of Amazon's online retail sales, 3P Fee strategy is integral to Amazon's ability to deliver on our goal of offering a vast selection of products at low prices to customers. As a Sr Analyst on the Fulfillment Fees Finance team, you will be responsible for supporting multi-million dollar fulfillment fee revenue lines, including analytical deep dives, variance explanations, and partnering with the business on strategic change. Your work will touch specific domestic and international marketplaces, in addition to taking a lead role globally. You will work on a small team that focuses specifically on seller fulfillment fees, inputs, outputs, and cost structures to shape Amazon's third-party fee strategy. You will be the subject matter expert on critical paths in the FBA Seller life-cycle and responsible for understanding and predicting both backward and forward-looking results for your part of the fast growing FBA business.
This role requires extensive cross-functional (Ops, Finance, Product, and Program) and cross-regional partnership, as well as a combination of strong analytical skills and business acumen to deliver data driven insights in a digestible way. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to "we pioneer."
• Become the subject matter expert on FBA inbound fees and programs, inventory, storage (short and long term), replenishment initiatives, and other smaller strategic programs, including both domestic and international marketplaces
• Conduct deep dive analyses, understand Seller and Amazon perspectives, and build analytical models to quantify impact and influence fee strategy
• Conduct variance analysis and develop new, insightful reporting or metrics to include in existing monthly and quarterly mechanisms
• Forecast annual fee revenues based on changes and stay informed about changes in the base business and relevant inputs.
5+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• MBA preferred
• Expertise in Pricing and/or Retail Operations
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Customer focus and professional demeanor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.