Sr. Financial Analyst - Echo/Alexa Sales & Marketing
- Seattle, WA
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member on the Echo/Alexa Sales and Marketing (S&M) Finance team. The Echo/Alexa business is one of the fastest growing among Amazon's portfolio of devices and this is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon. Amazon's Finance team is searching for a candidate who can thrive in ambiguity and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
This candidate will be a strategic thinker, highly analytical, creative, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage financial responsibilities and decision making in a rapidly evolving business. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with senior executives, various business units, and multiple stakeholders across Amazon and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work directly with Echo/Alexa S&M leaders to identify growth opportunities for the Echo business. Job responsibilities include:
• Strategic and thought leader to the Sales and Marketing team as they make decisions across key investment decisions
• Evaluate the economics and financial implications of sales plans
• Forecast and track success metrics to inform future investment decisions
• Perform financial modeling, ad hoc analyses, and maintain operating and business metrics
• Develop scalable and efficient financial processes to support a rapidly growing business
• Present financial and business insights to senior management
• Lead forecasting cycles for Echo/Alexa and provide variance drivers between forecast and actuals for senior leadership finance and business reviews.
• 5+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
• Strong financial acumen including experience with forecasting, budgeting
• Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making
• Excellent grasp of corporate finance fundamentals
• Strong resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time
• Experience and ability to use SQL, Essbase, and Cognos
• Detail-oriented and data-driven
• Advanced Excel skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top