Sr. Financial Analyst
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative, and driven people. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you.
Amazon seeks a Sr. Finance Analyst to join the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. This finance professional will primarily focus on reporting and deep dive analysis of companywide headcount, plus program management of companywide goals. Through partnering with systems teams and other FP&A teams across the company, this individual will drive improvement to finance processes and provide reporting and insights for the CFO, Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and Investor Relations.
- Provide standardized and ad-hoc reporting and analysis of headcount trends based on different slices of data.
- Dive deep to understand growth trends, prioritizing company level impact while also keeping an eye to future potential impacts.
- Partner with finance teams across the company to consolidate insights, growth trends, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Standardize, streamline, and prioritize improvements, and increase the reliability and efficiency of reporting.
- Drive ownership across the company and implement continuous improvements based upon analysis and learnings.
- Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for systems enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Proven capability of advanced analytical skills, attention to detail, dealing with ambiguity, and ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial reporting for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Comfortable working with large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior leadership in a concise and actionable manner
- Leadership in taking ownership, prioritizing competing tasks, sound decision making, and delivering results
- Experience working in a matrix environment, influencing strategy, and achieving goals by working across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Experience with SQL is a strong plus, COGNOS experience also a plus
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred, CPA a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top