Sr. Financial Analyst, Canada Consumables
Being a finance business partner at Amazon means having good judgment and possessing strong business acumen coupled with a mastery of each P&L line item. Therefore it is about knowing your numbers, the drivers of the business, the strategy and tactics, and much more. We, Finance Leaders at Amazon, draw our energy from ideating with our business partners, solving complex problems, and diving deep in the data to find patterns and trends in order to design and deliver solutions for our customers. Our decision making process is fact based, which means that Finance has a seat at the table. How does it sound to you? Are you up for a challenge? Do you have what it takes to be successful in such an exciting and fulfilling environment?
The Canada Retail Finance Team is looking for a strong Sr. Financial Analyst to support Amazon's Consumables business in Canada. This position is the finance owner of seven rapidly growing product lines, including Baby, Groceries, and Beauty; as well as supporting new business initiatives and prime programs. It partners with the business team to build a deep understanding of its economics and drive improvements to the business. It will will work across functional teams to evaluate product sourcing alternatives, pricing strategies, and other growth initiatives. An ideal candidate will challenge the status quo, insist on the highest standards, has a bias for action, and has a demonstrated history of delivering results. The position is located in Seattle.
Some of his/her responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead monthly and long term financial planning, forecasting and analysis for the business
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial review meetings with stakeholders and develop action plans to exceed targets
- Partner with business leadership to set strategic priorities and evaluate short and long term decisions
- Conduct Deep Dive analyses to identify key business drivers and improvement opportunities
- Additional responsibilities include ad hoc analyses that help drive Free Cash Flow across the Canada retail business.
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of strong Finance experience with BA/BS or 3 plus years of experience with an MBA.
- MBA preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience and Proficiency with SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication and poise to support Executive reviews
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail, meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable items
- Experience with financial and accounting systems (COGNOS, Essbase, Oracle)
- Direct experience in Retail a strong plus but not necessary
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Ability to work with cross functional teams, dive deep into the details
- Drive for results
- Thinks big and has convictions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top