Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS Analytics Services
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Analytics Services team and support the next generation of cloud computing, further solidifying AWS as the cloud platform of choice and accelerating growth of the AWS business. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon. This position will work closely with both finance management and key business partners to drive controllership, planning, analysis, and decision support spanning multiple products in the Analytics service portfolio.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Full P&L ownership responsibilities (month end closing, variance & mix analyses, opex tracking)
• Lead short- and long-term financial planning
• Compile financial results and conduct insightful reviews with finance management and business leadership
• Build financial models for new business concepts and productivity measurements
• Build and maintain models to support pricing decisions
• Drive improvement in financial structure and scaling mechanisms
The successful candidate will have experience in prior roles influencing business decisions and supporting senior management in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with advanced analytical skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects/competing interests simultaneously in a fluid environment. This role will also have regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and will require strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
• BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field and a minimum 5+ years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related quantitative field of study
• Analytical, financial modeling, and reporting experience required
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience with data manipulation using SQL or similar tools
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of options and their implications
• Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
• Experience with TM1/Cognos or similar tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top