Sr. Financial Analyst - Alexa Finance
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Devices organization is seeking an experienced finance leader with corporate finance experience who has an operationally focused mindset, is a big thinker and is interested being part of a fast paced, global organization. This is an exciting opportunity for a results driven leader to partner with Devices FP&A, Devices Finance Leadership as well as Device business leaders. Additionally, this role partners with other Corporate Finance teams in FP&A, Benchmarking, and Accounting. This role is expected to build a deep understanding of all aspects of financial planning, reporting and analytics, as well as building tools to streamline and automate current processes. The successful candidate will be strategic in thinking, analytical in approach, and have a demonstrated ability to influence the decisions of the business through effective communication, financial analyses, logical reasoning, and the creation of alternatives.
Job responsibilities include:
• Participating in short and long-term financial planning
• Maintaining and tracking operating and business metrics
• Building financial models for new business concepts
• Developing scalable and efficient financial processes that support a rapidly growing business
• Create new automation processes to streamline reporting
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. The candidate must have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies, including statistical concepts, while dealing with big data. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with business customers to understand the requirements and implement financial solutions.
This role requires a self-starter with excellent business modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and good track record of influencing decisions. This role also has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• 5+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
• MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
• Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
• Advanced Excel skills
• Advanced use of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top