Sr. Financial Analyst - Alexa Finance
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to drive business planning, analytics, and business partnership functions. This is an exciting opportunity to join at an early stage for one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon.
This SFA will be a trusted finance business partner working closely with various stakeholders to solve complex problems that directly impact the Alexa organization. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and they will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the opportunity to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History".
Job responsibilities will include:
• Develop financial models to prove out initiatives and inform business decisions
• Present financial summaries and business insights to senior management
• Be a thought leader to drive continuous improvement, simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions
• Manage monthly and quarterly financial processes
• Lead short and long-term financial planning
The successful candidate will have proven experience in past roles influencing decision-making and supporting business owners in rapidly evolving environments. This role is ambiguous - it requires a self-starter with a keen attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• 5+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or some other highly analytical field
• Graduate degree (e.g. MBA) and/or relevant professional accreditation preferred
• Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
• Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
• Independent and entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top