Imagine being a part of a small, agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions within a matter of months. Picture partnering on cutting edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life such as Amazon Music Unlimited, Amazon Music HD, and the Digital Music store. Come join us and make history.
Amazon Music is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to own paid acquisition and support the business in forecasting, measuring and improving efficiencies, while generating insights for future business decisions.
The successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables, is a self-starter with strong business and financial modeling skills, has a keen attention to detail and good track record of influencing business partners. The candidate will also have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, and problem-solve.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Partner with business teams to value propositions
• Develop business cases to support all major financial decisions
• Prepare financial metrics, financial analysis, and financial reporting
• Manage a global financial and business forecast model
• Develop, maintain and enhance finance controllership via models, reports, and processes
• Demonstrate the ability to manage competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
• Root cause opportunities for improvement using data, then assisting the Amazon Music team to take action on your findings
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
• 5+ years of prior finance experience
• 4-6 years of experience in a high growth company or consulting firm
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
• Exceptional understanding of technology-driven businesses
• Advanced Excel & business modeling skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Demonstrated problem solving experience and root cause analysis
• Desire to exceed expectations and drive positive change in the organization
• Consistent track record of taking ownership and making things happen
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.